Sabudana vada is a healthy breakfast and evening snacks option in India and can often be served with spicy green chutney and can also be served with hot tea.
This nutritious and filling snack is served usually during religious festivals, specially during navratri vrats in India as it contains abundance of glucose and carbohydrates.
Like all the other vadas, sabudana vadas are best eaten fresh and hot.
The recipe is made with fasting ingredients like potatoes, sabudana, coriander , chilli paste and spices like turmeric powder and salt. Usually sabudana are soaked for 2-3 hours before making the recipe. The potatoes in the recipe help in binding the sabudanas.
Sabudana vada is a combination of both crunchiness and sponginess which will fill your stomach easily.
I remember I was in 12th class when I tasted this vadas for the first time. Someone recommended this recipe to my mom. After that these sabudana vadas become a permanent dish in our menu for fast recipes. Before that we used to make sabudana khichdi and sabudana kheer only during fastings.
It is very easy to make this recipe anytime depending on your mood. The ingredients required in making this recipe are also very limited.
In this post I will be sharing a complete video recipe of sabudana vada along with the list of ingredients and step by step instructions.
With this I will be also sharing some tips that will help you to make the perfect sabudana vada and along with that I will also be sharing 5 facts related to sabudana vada, for that you have to read till the end
- 200 grams Sabudana
- 4 Boiled Mashed Potatoes
- 1 spoon Chilli Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp Jeera
- 1 tbsp Coriander Finely chopped
- Salt (Sendha Namak)
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 2 tbps Oil
- ½ spoon Haldi Powder (Turmeric)
- Soak 250 gms of sabudana for 3 hours in cold water.
- After 3 hours, remove the water from sabudana and let the sabudana dry for sometime.
- Take a kadai(pan) and heat 2 tbsp oil.
- After the oil heats, add jeera, 1 spoon chilli ginger paste, turmeric powder and salt as per taste. (Note: as this recipe is for fast. So use fast salt (sendha namak in it).
- Mix all well.
- Now, add 1 lemon juice and 5 boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Again, mix everything well.
- Now the potato masala is ready. Off the gas flame.
- Now mix our soaked and dried sabudana with this potato masala and make a dough.
- Now, make small balls out of this dough.
- Keep the oil for heating on medium flame.
- Start frying the balls when the oil is hot.
- Fry the vadas till they turn golden.
- Now, take out the vadas on a plate.
- Enjoy hot and crisp sabudana vada.
Some useful tips for making sabudana vada
5 facts related to sabudana vada
So, vegetarians add this recipe to your menu for daily protein intake.
Sabudana vada is an easy recipe that one can cook anytime he/she wishes to. This snack is best to serve with green chutney and hot tea. Whenever any member of the family does fast or vrat my mother used to make these vadas.
Do try this recipe and share with me your experience with this recipe.
Do click the picture of the recipe and mention @properfoodiee or tag #ProperFoodiee us on instagram and twitter.