There are some people who love salty, and some who are fans of sweet food and then come those who are obsessed with cheese. I come in those. Infact, I am in that stage of my life where I can’t imagine a day without cheese and I know I’m not the only one.
Whenever i went out for dining there always used to be at least one dish made of cheese in my order. It is like anything in the menu that involves cheese in it, automatically becomes my choice.
To show my love for cheese I am sharing an amazing cheese recipe with you all in an easy way.
Cheese balls come under the category of popular urban snacks which can be seen as both party starter or restaurant snacks.
Cheese balls can be made in varieties of ways like corn cheese ball, bread cheese ball, veggies cheese ball. And today we are going to see the detailed recipe of potato cheese balls.
Potato cheese ball is the combination of aloo, veggies like onion, capsicum, carrot and a lot of cheddar cheese, deep frying is simply amazing by giving ball shape.
The recipe is very easy to make and can be made with limited ingredients in a very less time.
In addition to the recipe i would also like to share some tips that one should keep in mind while making cheese balls and along with that some unknown fun facts related to cheese balls.
Here, I will share a detailed video recipe along with the list of ingredients and step by step instructions that will help you to make the perfect starter for you and your family.
- 5 boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 large size onion finely chopped
- ½ Carrot finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum finely chopped
- 4 Green Chillies
- ½ Ginger
- 20 Cubes Cheese cheddar / mozzarella
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- ¼ tbsp balck salt
- 1 tbsp ginger chilli paste
- Chaat masala
Ingredients for flour batter
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp maida
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Water
- In a mixing bowl add boiled and mashed potatoes, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped capsicum, half chopped carrot and some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Now, add 1 lemon juice and other species like black salt, ginger chilli paste, and salt as per taste.
- Further, add a bowl full of cheese.
- Mix all well and make a potato dough from it.
- Now, make small round shaped balls of dough and press the ball gently and create a space in the middle, now keep the small cheese piece inside the space and then cover it again and give it a ball shape.
- Make balls of all the dough in the same way.
- Now, in another bowl take 4 spoons of maida and add 3 spoons of water to it and make a thick batter for coating the balls.
- Now, coat the balls in maida batter.
- After maida coating immediately coat the balls in breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the same process for all the balls.
- After this process, balls are ready to fry.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on a medium flame.
- After the oil heats, start frying cheese balls and fry them until they turn golden.
- If the balls look golden then, take them out.
- And, the cheese balls are ready to serve.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Some tips to make perfect potato cheese balls
Some fun facts about cheese balls
I am sure you guys are going to love this easy starter recipe.
I usually make this recipe once a month as my family is also cheese lovers like me.
Try out this easy recipe and do share with me your experience with the recipes.